child friendly camping/caching

Hi im looking for in the south of england and possibly near or on the coast child friendly caches/series. by this i mean ones that carry lots of goodies that will entice a child e.g. bouncy balls that are on series of around 6 miles (10 miles max) and has lots to do (a few hundred within a 4 mile radius would be great).

Ive looked at Eastbourne but they seem to mainly be micros along the seafront.

any ideas would be appreicated as its getting close to us going away soon and im desperately looking for somewhere to go fast.

Hi im looking for in the south of england and possibly near or on the coast child friendly caches/series. by this i mean ones that carry lots of goodies that will entice a child e.g. bouncy balls that are on series of around 6 miles (10 miles max) and has lots to do (a few hundred within a 4 mile radius would be great).

Ive looked at Eastbourne but they seem to mainly be micros along the seafront.

any ideas would be appreicated as its getting close to us going away soon and im desperately looking for somewhere to go fast.

There is the cuckoo trail from Polegate to Heathfield......many are micros, but there are some bigger ones and I have an ammo box up there. There are a lot on the seafronts near here too (as you know).....but micros again sorry.

Edited by The Slaughter Family

If you base yourself in Eastbourne you'll have a good range of caches to choose from, there are a lot of micros (but where isn't there?), there's also some well thought out caches, some good circular walks and 2 Earthcaches.

If you stay in Eastbourne you can also work along the coast East to Bexhill & Hastings or West across the South Downs and Brighton.

The Devils Dyke Circular along the coast towards Brighton is a FANTASTIC series with kids (aprox 4 miles walk), have a look at GC1VA43 for an idea of what's involved.

An Event was recently held here GC26DEG

The site is about a 10 min drive from Brighton - close to the excellent afforementioned Devils Dyke Series and has lots of other caches of various sizes very nearby. A couple of series were set up especially for the event.

Whilst I didnt attend I heard very favourable things about the site.

Chris

pirate mania was too far for us, after spending a week driving for a living i dont want to drive for more than an hour and a bit to places, but we looked and looked and looked at it, if it had been closer we would have come.

Not sure what we are doing about the naughty weekend away one sam, footloose decided she would book the week off leading up to the event and back at work on that weekend, so it might just be me on my own, yet to decide, possibly closer to the event.

the sussex camp meet place does look good so we might try there, other places we are looking at is barnstaple in devon, and anywhere between hove and eastbourne too.

thank you so far for your input. :laughing:

We did 2 series in Devizes a few weekends ago- we stayed at a basic campsite just outside of the town. This was the weekend we got 57. Both series were about 5 miles. Caches were of decent size and with quite a few goodies in each one. My 5 year old was happy!