McNoob here

aluminumfetish

Hello all. I just bought a used GPSMAP60 CSx. It has a very "blankish" base map. The guy gave me a disc "CITY NAVIGATOR NT' It has a code already but site says my Garmin is already registered and won't let me put this map pack in. Am I going to have to re-buy these maps ? How does it work ? I found my first cache today anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me out ? aluminum

I also have a 60CSx. I purchased the Mapsource City Navigator NT and installed it from disk to my PC. From there I followed the on screen instructions. Was a pretty simple install. Mapsource is great for creating routes for a hunt. Use the 60CSx with a PDA and you become paperless. Recently purchased a used Dell Axim Pocket PC from Amazon for $35 and installed Cachemate on it. Love it, and I am glad I listened to many others about PDA's.

The "guy" who sold you the GPS unit needs to go to his MyGarmin site and remove the device and the maps from his account and let Garmin know that he has transferred the registration to you.

Otherwise, you will need to purchase the maps separately.

I figured I had to get Garmin involved somehow. I'll hit th guy up and hope he's willing. Thanks.