North Wales Must-Do's

Oh lordy, lots!!

Team Marzipan have loads of great caches - most are micros, but you never mind because they're usually in fantastic locations, or are really sneaky.

One of their best isn't THAT close to Llandudno, but is called Gone (caching) Fishing and is great fun.... I'm sure other Marzi fans will add their favourites soon.....

I haven't been a member long enough to tell you about great caches. North Wales is beautiful though - there's a cache at the top of Snowdon (not looked for it) - I've only done the easy way up though, by train. Llanberis also has a few caches at the bottom of the hill (perhaps you could recognise the scenery from the Clash of the Titans). Depending on your interests, there should be a good choice of caches - some placed near birdie watching places, others in the hills & mountains, forests, along the coast, near historical buildings...

You have to do the caches on the Great Orme if just for the views. You'd need to allow 4-5 hours to do it's 'TGGOOT'! It takes you past several of the other caches on the Great Orme, and as a bonus you can always stop in the Summit Cafe for refreshments.

Whilst I wouldn't recommend it, it is possible to scramble down to 93 Current from the end of your quest, and follow the path down doing the caches along it leading back to West Shore, doubling back up a higher path to do Dawn Recon 2 back down the path and through the kissing gate and you've got a couple more to do.

Which leads you back on to the top of the Orme and allows you to either take the Tram or Cable Car down. Or back down the stairs to continue along the path and come out 3/4 of the way down the Orme.

Sadly the building near to Dawn Recon 2 where as a child Charles Dodgson otherwise known as Lewis Carroll the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass spent Summer Holidays. Has been sadly pulled down ;)

Edited by Deceangi