"Adjust zoom level" when no cache available

ycjapan

Using the Google maps (from the site) to find caches, I was curious to see if there is any cache in Burma (Myanmar), and got only "Adjust your zoom level", while zooming IN pretty deeply.

So it seems that message comes even if there are no cache.

Is it the intended behavior?

I think it is misleading. "Adjust zoom" is required when the area is too large (eg 1000km).

But another message should indicate that there is no cache, after zooming IN.

the "adjust zoom level" message comes when you're either zoomed IN too much so that there aren't any caches to show, or zoomed OUT too much beyond a certain threshold at which the page doesn't even try to load any.

in the case where the zoom level is OK but there's too many caches to show, the page will show the "search exceeded 500 caches" message.

the "adjust zoom level" message comes when you're either zoomed IN too much so that there aren't any caches to show (...)

Thanks for the reply, but this is exactly what I say... and the message is - IMO - misleading.

It should say there is no cache in the area.

Thanks for the reply, but this is exactly what I say... and the message is - IMO - misleading.

It should say there is no cache in the area.

well, technically the message is correct: you do need to adjust your zoom level (i.e. zoom out) to view caches.

but yeah, i agree. a clearer message for both cases telling you exactly why there aren't any caches on the map would be desirable.

If you are bringing up the map at the default zoom level there's no way there would be in excess of 500 caches on that amount of land. That happens when you zoom out from that point. So if none show up it is because there are none there. Zooming out may show some.