Got my first GPS!

I got my first GPS today. It's a Garmin eTrex H. I have been Geocaching just by putting coordinates into Google Earth and using that, but it's not so easy. So, hopefully this GPS will make it a little easier, and it will allow me to enjoy the game more!

I just tested it out by punching in some coordinates to a nearby intersection, and it brought me exactly where I wanted it to. Oh I'm so excited! I'm off from school on Monday, so my mom and I are going for a Geocaching trip, and I get to use the GPS! Woot, this should be fun.

So yeah, I'm sure no one cares, but I am personally really excited. :blink:

I got my first GPS today. It's a Garmin eTrex H. I have been Geocaching just by putting coordinates into Google Earth and using that, but it's not so easy. So, hopefully this GPS will make it a little easier, and it will allow me to enjoy the game more!

I just tested it out by punching in some coordinates to a nearby intersection, and it brought me exactly where I wanted it to. Oh I'm so excited! I'm off from school on Monday, so my mom and I are going for a Geocaching trip, and I get to use the GPS! Woot, this should be fun.

So yeah, I'm sure no one cares, but I am personally really excited. :blink:

We've all been there. It is exciting isn't it? An adventure that beats video games and Old Maid combined.

Sure we care. I am always glad to see someone enjoy the outdoors instead of staying inside on nice days. I wish I had started geocaching when my kids were younger. It will be lots of fun to share this experience with your Mom. I'm 59 yrs old and I was excited when I got my handheld GPS. I was using an automotive GPS. We expect to see your name showing up on logs soon.