what am i doing wrong?

absurdadventurers

I picked up this travel bug from a cache then put it in another one the same day. I logged my visits and then went to track the TB it let me log to say I picked it up from the first geocache but won't let me say i dropped it off. i am only given the option of "write note" or "discovered it" I went back the next day and tried to log it again but the same thing happened. how do I log to say I dropped it off at the other cache??

From what I gather from your post is that you are trying to log it into a cache from the TB page.

You cannot place or "drop" a TB from the TB page. It must be done at the CACHE page. This is done by highlighting the TB that is listed in your inventory box at the bottom of the logging page.

You can still do it via a "note" log at the cache you wish to place it into, as BPC said. :D

Post a note on the cache your dropped the bug in and scroll to the bottom of the screen. There is a list of all of the Travel Bugs in your possession. Select the one you put in the cache and submit the note.

I posted a note on the cache before tracking the TB i tried to go back and edit the note but it hasn't got an option to drop of the TB

You cannot drop it from an edit. Post a "note" log, you can drop it from there.

I picked up this travel bug from a cache then put it in another one the same day. I logged my visits and then went to track the TB it let me log to say I picked it up from the first geocache but won't let me say i dropped it off.

What you actually did wrong (a learning process, here), is the bolded portion of the OP.

When you log a cache and pick up a traveler, you should log the traveler at the same time -- can't on the same log, but you should not wait because you need to log the drop IN the "found it" log when you do drop it. In that you never logged the pickup at that time, it is not displayed in your inventory, therefore you cannot drop it in that log.

Perhaps a little tricky, but it comes down to your logging sequence. Your method of logging needs revision. :D

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee