Hide to Find Ratio

I'm at about 1,400 to 31. You may have heard the term caching karma, which is the number of cumulative finds on your caches divided by your finds, there I am right at 1.0.

I too can't always do as much maintenance as I like, so instead of placing out more caches I make up seed caches (using match tubes in my case) and leave them in caches. Other finders come along, take them, and then hide them as their own.

I have made up over 200 of these in the past 6-8 months, and have put out over a hundred. Of that 100+, 37 have been picked up by other cachers and placed out. Here's the list so far: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=sksc

Edited by Sky King 36

I have 197 finds and just placed my 2nd hide yesterday. I have 10 more containers waiting to be placed.

I would have placed 3-4 more caches already but saturation issues prevented me from placing them. Had several very good spots but they were about 400 feet from other caches as the crow flies, although farther if you walked it.

A couple cacher friends who are not on the forums: one has about 235 finds & 18 hides, one has 99 finds & 3 hides, and the other two have around 25 finds each with 0 hides.