Dakota 10 v Colorado 400i

Recently purchased a Dakota 10. I like the touchscreen. The free maps I downloaded from gpsfiledepot work well on it. The only drawback I found on it was the slow movement on the compass arrow and distance, when getting to a cache. My wife is using my old 60Cx. It gets right to a location quickly. Noticed that the Colorado 400i is on sale at Amazon at a good price below $200. Love the paperless geocaching on the Dakota. Any views on either unit.

What do you want for $200.00? You can't go wrong,as long as you understand and appreciate the Colorado is a discontinued model. Just order it for that price and know you got a great GPS with inland waterway maps and paperless geocaching ability. Don't end up liking it,just sell it later on for the same price or more.

What do you want for $200.00? You can't go wrong,as long as you understand and appreciate the Colorado is a discontinued model. Just order it for that price and know you got a great GPS with inland waterway maps and paperless geocaching ability. Don't end up liking it,just sell it later on for the same price or more.

It's a terrific unit, far better than many that came after it and discontinued way too early in my opinion. As long as you aren't too hung up on the touch screen on your D10 you'll really enjoy the C400i. I own both the C400i and the Oregon200 and enjoy them both but the C400i is better in my opinion.

Get it and leave the D10 for your wife, lol.

Be safe.

N

As a last thought. Get the Colorado as it's definitely worth more than what you're going to be paying for it. You'll be quite impressed with your savvy purchase!

Biggest show stopper for me would be that the Dakota does not support Wherigo, and the Dakota 10 does not support memory cards, which will limit the number of maps you can use. The Dakota 10 has 850MB on board memory while the Colorado 400i has 4GB (I believe) and the ability to use SD cards. I have a 16GB card in my 400t which allows me to put an obscene amount of Topo, Street, and BirdsEye mapping on my unit.

Biggest show stopper for me would be that the Dakota does not support Wherigo, and the Dakota 10 does not support memory cards, which will limit the number of maps you can use. The Dakota 10 has 850MB on board memory while the Colorado 400i has 4GB (I believe) and the ability to use SD cards. I have a 16GB card in my 400t which allows me to put an obscene amount of Topo, Street, and BirdsEye mapping on my unit.

Actually, I believe the only Colorado which had 4GB of memory was the 400t.