Vacationing in Midland, Peterborough, and Petawawa

ECplus3

I'm heading up to Ontario after the Maritime Geobash (GC1P585) dust settles and plan to do plenty of caching. I wouldn't mind meeting up for a coffee or a hike with local cachers. Doesn't look like there are any events planned anywhere I can get to though.

Would also like suggestions for good intro caches in the Midland area. I'm introducing my friend to geocaching while there. :)

I grew up in Peterborough and now live in Ottawa.

We just did a bit of caching up in Midland. There's a virtual up that way (GC6C22). Right in Midland, we enjoyed a cache right on the waterfront (GC142WX) and the Earthcache at Little Lake (GC24Y4H).

Not sure what your time line is like, but I strongly recommend taking a look at Ottawa for geocaches - we have lots of really good ones.

I'll be at the Maritime Event!

MIDLAND - most of the caches in the midland area are easy drive-bys (and there are hundreds and hundreds of them!) If you would like to make an interesting day there is a rail trail that goes along the northern coast. If your friend has a spare bike I recommend making a day of it! It will take you to the best parts of the area, and all the community beaches that are worth visiting.