Strange Multi using other people's caches

the_irving

Yesterday, a finder reported that my adopted cache, G4T50 - FIFTH, GC1F3P, which is a nano, now has a magnetic hide-a-key next to it. The hide-a-key does not contain a log or a geocaching notice, but it does have the coordinates to another cache in Little Italy in it with the designation #3. Those coordinates are the posted coordinates for PCR#2, GC1YKG0. The finder also reported that he had found similar hide-a-keys at two other caches downtown.

It appears that someone has set up their own private multi-cache - using other cachers locations. She's left a name, Desiree, and phone numbers, 619-557-6971 and 619-890-5172, on the paper inside the hide-a-key, but hasn't returned my call tonight.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Yesterday, a finder reported that my adopted cache, G4T50 - FIFTH, GC1F3P, which is a nano, now has a magnetic hide-a-key next to it. The hide-a-key does not contain a log or a geocaching notice, but it does have the coordinates to another cache in Little Italy in it with the designation #3. Those coordinates are the posted coordinates for PCR#2, GC1YKG0. The finder also reported that he had found similar hide-a-keys at two other caches downtown.

It appears that someone has set up their own private multi-cache - using other cachers locations. She's left a name, Desiree, and phone numbers, 619-557-6971 and 619-890-5172, on the paper inside the hide-a-key, but hasn't returned my call tonight.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I may. I've sent off an inquiry. I'll let you know what I hear back...