Would this be a find?

Kissimmee Kouple

While riding the Van Fleet Trail in Polk City, Florida I saw where a hole had been cut in the asphalt and then patched. The circimference of the hole was painted with orange paint with the inscription "RT-MP-014". A carsonite witness post was placed about 18' away on the edge of the right-of-way. When I looked in the data base I found this listed as AK7033. The coordinates were right on the money. But, I didn't see the actual mark so I just entered a note. Can I "ethically" claim this as a find?

quote:
Originally posted by Kissimmee Kouple:

I saw where a hole had been cut in the asphalt and then patched. The circimference of the hole was painted with orange paint with the inscription "RT-MP-014". Can I "ethically" claim this as a find?

The main benchmarking page says: "You can log "Found it!" if you see the marker and know that it is the correct marker. If the marker is a survey disk, you must read the disk."

That's exactly the way I have been playing and why I only entered a note for the mark. Didn't think it would be good to dig up the fresh patch of asphalt to see the mark, even if I were to patch it again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Also why I take of picture of all of my finds and am disappointed when others do not.

Thanks for confirming it.

Kissimmee Kouple

Kudos for the Kouple! With the availability of digital cameras now (have seen "simple" ones at the local Wal-Mart for as low as $49.00!), I too, do not see why people dont post a pic of their benchmark finds.....saves a lot of arguments over if someone was actually at that site.......

Vexorg_EPPD

former Daytona-ite, now hiding in Atlanta!