Frame/ Border aroud the cache page, HOW?

You do realize that most of us have no idea who Philma is, right? But I looked the name up and checked a couple of his/her/their caches and I guess you're just referring to the background. When you create a cache page, there is a textbox labelled " Background Image URL:" That would be where you put the URL for your background image. A small image will automatically be "tiled" like Philma's.

Wish there was a way to change the color of the page. Least I haven't seen a way besides making a background pic of the color you want to change it too.

Just go to one of these sites that do background images (google is your friend), find the color you want, save it to your computer, upload it to your cache page and put the url in the background box. :)

I put a background on every one of my caches. Some of them are tiles (I like the seamless ones best), either of a design/object or just color, and some are from pictures I took. I try and match them to the subject of the cache page.

A blank color background: Douglas Creek Crossing

Moving background: RiverWalk

Seamless background with an object: A Westview of the Valley for Special K

A picture I took for the background: Top o' the Pass

Wish there was a way to change the color of the page. Least I haven't seen a way besides making a background pic of the color you want to change it too.

Just go to one of these sites that do background images (google is your friend), find the color you want, save it to your computer, upload it to your cache page and put the url in the background box. :)

I put a background on every one of my caches. Some of them are tiles (I like the seamless ones best), either of a design/object or just color, and some are from pictures I took. I try and match them to the subject of the cache page.

I did a puzzle cache once (now archived) that used a solid color image for the background that was the same color as the default background color (olive green). The background image contained the coordinates using stenography.

Just go to one of these sites that do background images (google is your friend), find the color you want, save it to your computer, upload it to your cache page and put the url in the background box. :unsure:

I did a puzzle cache once (now archived) that used a solid color image for the background that was the same color as the default background color (olive green). The background image contained the coordinates using stenography.

Oh, goodness, that's horrible. :)

Oh, goodness, that's horrible. :(

Hee hee hee. Naw. Just put the coords in in a slightly different color. 1 off makes it a different color, but you'd only know if you saved the background, and changed the color of it in Paint. Hee hee hee. What was annoying was when GC changed the color of the background!

Please keep in mind that some mobile browsers don't render the cache page the same way as a regular computer does. My (now old) Blackberry didn't show the large white area but just the background. Those cache pages with the "pretty" or "cool" backgrounds just become literally unreadable.

I was just wondering if tables would work on a cache page. If so you could easily make a border that matched the resolution of the machine viewing it.

EDIT: My goodness, just tested it out on one of my existing hides. And yes, tables work. So if you made a table say 95% wide, with a border of 2 or greater, and put the content inside the table, you could make a border. And change the colors too. This also solves the problem of changing the background color because you can make the inside of the table any color you want. Here is the cache I just tested the tables tag on, GC1J2C1 As you will see I put a frame with color inside on the short discription, and I made the background of the page discription light grey.

Here is the table tag code:

<table border="0" bordercolor="red" style="background-color:lightgrey" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3">
<tr>
	<td>Table Cell</td>
</tr>
</table>

You can alter that to what you like. Place the content in place of "Table Cell" and viola!

Edited by mchaos