Looking for PA, NJ bike trails with caches

MaitreMind

I am looking for Eastern PA, Central or North NJ bike trails that kids can endure with plenty of caches, what do you recommend?

Thanks MaitreMind

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-6ac21491a302

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...id+I+Get+Here...

I was up in doylestown and this guy placed a whole series of bike and hike caches. They are all along a trail. It's a little faraway from eastern PA. I live in bensalem, which is right next to philly and it took me 30 minutes to get there. Though still in the same area.

Eastern Pa can encompass a rather large swath of Real Estate, but being that you requested Northern NJ, I would suggest the Paulinskill Rail Trail, it is flat, but is not paved--so a Mtn or similar tire would be best. Try leaving from Footbridge Park in Blairstown, you can go one way one day, the other way on your next trip.

Would also try the D&R Canal Towpath system, almost 70 miles in total length, so you can make many trips for kids. Kids under thage of 14 should top out at about 15 miles --no more. I especially like the section from Frenchtown NJ down to Lambertville, which is across the river from New Hope Pa

It is a big area, LOL, I'd say from Route 80 south and From Philadelpha and North. We have done Frenchtown down to just north of Stockton. We're kind of looking for trails, paths playground for kids from 9-13 we have three. I grew up in Bensalem, PA and my wife is from Watchung, NJ so were are familiar with quite a wide area, but we're looking see what everyone else enjoyed that might spark some of our memories of areas long ago visited (before geocaching existed).

The ideas suggested are great thanks.

Thanks,

MaitreMind

There's lots of good rails-to-trails geocaches in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. Generally they are flat terrain and easy biking, just be careful as they usually cross some busy roads.

One of my favorites is the multi-cache GCJTYW in Stockertown.

Also look at GCWAH2 near Bath. It is the first of an 8-part series, all 8 each count as a find, but you need to find each one to get to the next.

OMG, Paulins kill valley rail trail, runs across NJ. I live right next it. There are endless caches along it. You can go forever. At some points there is one almost every 500 feet.

On day I need to take a major hike and get as many as I can.

I second (or third) the Paulinskill Valley Rail Trail recommendation. There is an insane number of caches along the trail primarily thanks to motoxcr298. There are actually so many and they are so close together that when I went I skipped every other one and saved half for the return ride. Even though there are a lot, many were clever hides and/or containers. Also, its a beautiful trail. It's not paved so you probably want a mountain bike or hybrid...if I remember correctly the terrain varies from packed dirt, to muddy, to gravelly and occasionally even grass?

It starts somewhere near Route 94 and Route 80 near Columbia and runs northeast through Blairstown and I think ends up somewhere up near Route 206. Somewhere in the Route 206 area it it intersects with the Sussex Branch trail which is another rail trail that runs roughly north-south.

The Paulinskill runs up to and joins with the Sussex at Warbasse Junction. The Sussex at that location had a fair number of caches , but the trail itseld lacked any real attractive features, in fact the last time we rode it, it was overgrown single track with poor repair. Whomever told the NJDEP that it is acceptable to fix a bike path with trap rock should be fed to the bears.