Picking up your own TB?

I was wondering if it is okay to pick up your own TB to move it. For example, I will be moving back to Missouri soon and my TB is here in VA. Would it be okay to take it with me and stick it in a cache or should I just leave it be and pray it stops moving around the local caches and goes somewhere?

It's yours, so do what you want with it.

Lots of people never realy drop their bugs, they just "dip" them. My recent one I dipped several times before finaly releasing it.

What is dipping them?

Dipping is when someone has a trackable item in their possession when finding a cache (and sometimes take a photo of it near the cache) the logs that they've dropped into that cache, then immediately logs that they grabbed it from the same cache. They might take it to several caches before actually physically placing it in a cache. A few years ago I took several TBs with me to Africa, "dipped" them into a cache at Victoria Falls, then brought them home with me and placed them in a local cache. If I would have left them in the cache in Africa they might not ever leave the continent.

For the OP: I'd probably leave the cache in Virginia and change the goal such that it should go to Missouri. In fact, I'd change the goal now and see if it can beat you to Missouri.

Nothing ethically challenged with picking up, moving, dipping, or keeping your own TB. It's your TB. It would be nice to explain what your intentions are, though. Sometimes TB owners use caches to "store" TB's they don't intend to distribute (often ones that have been lost). If a TB is in a state of purgatory, please make a note of it on the TB page so seekers aren't confused and frustrated by its absence.