Err, am I doing this right?

Kipper_snax

over the last 2 days Ive been focusing more on trying to find TBs to move along, but out of the 5-6 caches that the website had one or more TBs in, I only have found 1 with one inside (and that one claimed to have 4 TBs inside) last cache of the day was a "hotel" that was supposed to have 5 different TBs inside, and had nada.

Are these just victims of muggles, incorrect logging, or am I just reading it wrong?

Yup, mostly incorrect logging, or rather, not logging at all -- but I supposed that is incorrect, also. :D

Some of them have probably been listed as being in those caches for quite some time. It seems that many Cache Owners or Traveler owners don't see any real necessity in cleaning them from the inventory. :P

It's timing too. Someone might have been there right before you. They might not have gotten back to a computer to log yet. They might have forgotten. They might not have known how to log. They might have stolen them. They might have lost them, but were afraid to say so. Their kids might have grabbed it, thinking it was a toy, Mom and Dad might not have noticed. People who drop off TBs tend to log them faster than people who pick them up. The ones who pick them up know that the TB is safe in their hands and may not feel the urgency to log it, as they would when they drop it off. When they drop it off, they know they have to log it before it's picked up by someone else. But when they grab it, they might not feel it's as important, because no one is going to grab it away from them yet. There are all kinds of scenarios. Be happy with what you find, and teach anyone you introduce to this hobby how to log!

now that i found all that is in my home town i have made it my mission to just hit cache's that are bigger than micro and only focus on the caches that are small to large cache's and tag the ones that have TB(travelbugs) in them just like i went out this weekend and it was monday intill i can log them so yes its timing i did hit some that was to have TB's and there was none in there :P

I was given a bug by a geocacher who was worried he was holding on to it for too long. He said that he hadn't logged finding it so I logged it as 'grabbed' and it showed on my profile. I left it today in another cache but when I went to log it as 'dropped' it wasn't listed on the cache log.

As a newbie this is my first bug and I don't want to screw it up (I've read so much about bugs getting lost on these forums). I thought I had followed the instructions but I must have gone wrong somewhere.

Can anyone let me know what I should do?

Thanks

I was given a bug by a geocacher who was worried he was holding on to it for too long. He said that he hadn't logged finding it so I logged it as 'grabbed' and it showed on my profile. I left it today in another cache but when I went to log it as 'dropped' it wasn't listed on the cache log.

As a newbie this is my first bug and I don't want to screw it up (I've read so much about bugs getting lost on these forums). I thought I had followed the instructions but I must have gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks

It looks like the Grab didn't work and is still listed in the previous cache. Do you still have the tracking number? Can you Grab it again?

Thanks

It looks like the Grab didn't work and is still listed in the previous cache. Do you still have the tracking number? Can you Grab it again?

No I didn't record the tracking number and have now placed the TB miles away in London. Is there anything I can do without the tracking number? I guess I could get my brother-in-law to go to the cache to get the number (he was with us when we left it and leaves near to it).

Thanks

No I didn't record the tracking number and have now placed the TB miles away in London. Is there anything I can do without the tracking number? I guess I could get my brother-in-law to go to the cache to get the number (he was with us when we left it and leaves near to it).

Contact the bug owner and have them provide it to you.

Thanks for trying to take care of this. We bug owners appreciate it.

Oh, and start writing down the tracking number and save it until you know the bug is on its way! :D

Edited by BlueDeuce

Thanks

Contact the bug owner and have them provide it to you.

Thanks for trying to take care of this. We bug owners appreciate it.

Oh, and start writing down the tracking number and save it until you know the bug is on its way! :D

Thanks for your help. I guess I have learnt the lesson of writing down the tracking number early in my caching career.