DELORME VICE GARMIN

bedfordboys1

I have both and like both very much. The delorme does paperless where the CSX does not. The delorme holds 1000 caches where the CSX holds 500. They are both very accurate. The delorme has the ability to have satellite imagery maps and the csx does not. Right now you are comparing apples and oranges because the PN-40 currently does more than the CSX.

I learned on the CSX and just prefer it to the PN-40. I think a better comparison to the PN-40 would be the new Garmin 78 series GPS's. These are a paperless version of the old Garmin 76.

There is rumor of a new Garmin 62 series that would be very similar to the PN-40. When is it coming? No one really knows. I prefer the PN-40 over the Oregon's and Colorado's but if they do come out with a Garmin 62, I will have a PN-40 for sale.

I have both and like both very much. The delorme does paperless where the CSX does not. The delorme holds 1000 caches where the CSX holds 500. They are both very accurate. The delorme has the ability to have satellite imagery maps and the csx does not. Right now you are comparing apples and oranges because the PN-40 currently does more than the CSX.

I learned on the CSX and just prefer it to the PN-40. I think a better comparison to the PN-40 would be the new Garmin 78 series GPS's. These are a paperless version of the old Garmin 76.

There is rumor of a new Garmin 62 series that would be very similar to the PN-40. When is it coming? No one really knows. I prefer the PN-40 over the Oregon's and Colorado's but if they do come out with a Garmin 62, I will have a PN-40 for sale.

I own both. If the question was "which is the better GPS?" I would say the Garmin 60CSX hands down. Since your question was "which is better for geocaching?" I have to answer the PN40 simply because of the paperless caching feature.

can give me your reason for that?

Edited by bedfordboys1

I own both. If the question was "which is the better GPS?" I would say the Garmin 60CSX hands down. Since your question was "which is better for geocaching?" I have to answer the PN40 simply because of the paperless caching feature.

The 60CSX has better reception than the PN40, far better battery life, handles road routing much, much better,

has a bigger and more easily readable display, easier to use mapping software and a better overall feature set.

The 60CSX has better reception than the PN40, far better battery life, handles road routing much, much better,

has a bigger and more easily readable display, easier to use mapping software and a better overall feature set.

I agree with this, but the PN-40 wins for geocaching because of the paperless feature. If you choose the CSX you will need some type of PDA or Smartphone to do paperless.