Looking for great caches in Sweden-be there in june/july

walking spirit

Hej,

We're planning on visiting Sweden again in june/beginning july. No route planned yet but we'll go by car (white VW Cartago T4 campervan-which is also a TB by the way).

This year we like to get to the North Cape through Sweden. So we'll be up, up north as well. As geocaching brought us to some very nice and unexpected spots, I like to get some new tips again.

We already did many caches over there but still looking for "special" ones. Like special places and also looking again for cabins we could stay in (like Huntershut). But no: we won't do that dangerous high bridge! And no 5* rock climbing.

Some examples we already did and liked a lot:

Telegrafisten

Idet

Hunters Hut

Lappsten

Kyrkö mosse scrapyard

Any nice suggestions?

Dutch greetings from Walking Spirit

sweden_flag.gif

Edited by walking spirit

Welcome to Sweden this summer.

Here I have a bookmarklist of my favorite caches.

If this cache is close to your route please have a stop and make sure to send an email letting us know you are comming.

If you like to make a stop for the night we have place for you and your campervan. :)

Maybe some barbecue in the evening. See this as an invitation. <_<

Edited by Landstedt

Welcome to Sweden this summer.

Here I have a bookmarklist of my favorite caches.

If this cache is close to your route please have a stop and make sure to send an email letting us know you are comming.

If you like to make a stop for the night we have place for you and your campervan. :)

Maybe some barbecue in the evening. See this as an invitation. :)

Tack for this invitation. That's very kind of you (and a nice cache you made out of this)

If we pass by your area, it will be on our way back. So somewhere first/seccond week of july. I can't make any promises yet but if we pay you a visit, we let you know.

:)

Does anyone know some more Arctic Circle caches?

We've done the one near Jokkmokk (and the webcam cache :) ). I know there are some more roads that cross the arctic circle. Are there any caches as well?

We also cross our fingers to visit an event. Last year we were near Ostersund when there was the barbeque event. And we also were at an event in Idre-which we enjoyed a lot.

Edited by walking spirit

We've done the one near Jokkmokk (and the webcam cache :) ). I know there are some more roads that cross the arctic circle. Are there any caches as well?

We also cross our fingers to visit an event. Last year we were near Ostersund when there was the barbeque event. And we also were at an event in Idre-which we enjoyed a lot.

Have you been in Nikkaloukta? If not. You just have to look for this cache.

Paradise on earth. :)

Edit.

There is a camp for you to stay overnight.

Edited by Landstedt

No planns on a route yet. But we'll travel around and will go up to Lapland.

We're not into 5***** caching. We're Dutch and a regular Swedish cache on a hill, can be like a 2 or 3 star cache for us Dutch-who are used to the flat country :blink:

We're not into the climbing stuff that needs special climbing aquipment.

But any nice or special cache-tip is welcome. We can see if it's "too much" for us or not.

No planns on a route yet. But we'll travel around and will go up to Lapland.

We're not into 5***** caching. We're Dutch and a regular Swedish cache on a hill, can be like a 2 or 3 star cache for us Dutch-who are used to the flat country :)

But any nice or special cache-tip is welcome. We can see if it's "too much" for us or not.

Have to say that it is hard to recomend caches without any route....

But, The Breathtaking View (GCGJ5Q) is, well, breathtaking....

It is uphill, but no climbing.

Then, it also depends on how much geocaching equipment you will bring, nodays it is more common with uv-lights, geo-extractor etc.

/Mikael

If you are passing through Gothenburg (Göteborg) there are many tourist geocaches (to compensate for all the adventures ones.)

I can recommend Feskekôrka (GC1MD6J) :), to be a bit selfish.

Välkomna till Sverige (Welcome to Sweden)!

Thanks for the tip.

This will be my 10th visit to Sweden and the 4th year of caching. So I'm not new in the country.

We do like nature a lot and spent time camping "in the wild" and hiking. Favourite area: Idre and Lapland.

Did some caching there and also in many other areas in Sweden as we travel around.

From Smaland to the east coast all the way up to the High Coast; From central Sweden to westcoast and Norwegian area. From Dalarna to Lapland; from Arctic Circle to even 2 swedish events ...

So logs from all over the place :)

The UV lights sounds nice. Never seen any of those. I can imagine they're hidden in places such as caves?

Or do you mean the kind of glow-in-the-dark pins to walk a route?

Not only in caves, you may need it also to mystery, or even on a multi, but more information here vould be to big spoilers ;);)

We've done the one near Jokkmokk (and the webcam cache :P ). I know there are some more roads that cross the arctic circle. Are there any caches as well?

There is one cache at the arctic circle on the road along the border to Finland: GC1F3KE

If you are going by that one you could also take a short detour into Finland and GC1VXW3 which is ontop of a mountain with a pretty nice view (You can drive the car all the way up to the top).

If you are continuing north toward Kiruna (and not trough Finland) I highly recommend stopping by GC13DFY. It's in the bottom of a deep canyon and the nature is amazing there. It's pretty steep to get down there but there are stairs all the way so it's rather easy to get there.

There is one cache at the arctic circle on the road along the border to Finland: GC1F3KE

If you are going by that one you could also take a short detour into Finland and GC1VXW3 which is ontop of a mountain with a pretty nice view (You can drive the car all the way up to the top).

If you are continuing north toward Kiruna (and not trough Finland) I highly recommend stopping by GC13DFY. It's in the bottom of a deep canyon and the nature is amazing there. It's pretty steep to get down there but there are stairs all the way so it's rather easy to get there.

:):(;) Tack for these great tips!

I'm just a bit worried about the canyon cache, as the last logs were not founds.

Hello,

I'm not an experienced geocacher myself, but I have grabbed a geocoin which wants to travel to Nordkap. Maybe you can bring it on your way to the north!

/Majbe1

Hej,

We're planning on visiting Sweden again in june/beginning july. No route planned yet but we'll go by car (white VW Cartago T4 campervan-which is also a TB by the way).

This year we like to get to the North Cape through Sweden. So we'll be up, up north as well. As geocaching brought us to some very nice and unexpected spots, I like to get some new tips again.

We already did many caches over there but still looking for "special" ones. Like special places and also looking again for cabins we could stay in (like Huntershut). But no: we won't do that dangerous high bridge! And no 5* rock climbing.

Some examples we already did and liked a lot:

Telegrafisten

Idet

Hunters Hut

Lappsten

Kyrkö mosse scrapyard

Any nice suggestions?

Dutch greetings from Walking Spirit

sweden_flag.gif

I know of two caches that DID require some climbing... some old bridge and a certain crane... I think my heart is still sitting on top of that crane wondering how to get down ;-)

Let us know once you are in our area and we'll fire up the barbecue :blink:

Another way to find great caches could be to check out the Swedish Geocaching site. We have a local scoring system that lists popular caches. The list is a mix with quite a few mystery caches and some more difficult caches - but also more traditional caches in nice locations. Maybe some of the caches are in places that you will pass through on your trip. You can find the list here: http://www.geocaching.se/?page=stats/geoscore

Good luck!