Garmin 530

I have a street pilot 530 and was wondering if it could be set up for loading caches and the cache info like from gsak or a similiar program. I looked at the files in it and it showed a gpx folder which is empty. Tried loading some caches into it but wouldn't take them. I was using the settings I have for a 60csx which is probably the wrong ones. Has anybody else tried this unit? Thanks

I have a street pilot 530 and was wondering if it could be set up for loading caches and the cache info like from gsak or a similiar program. I looked at the files in it and it showed a gpx folder which is empty. Tried loading some caches into it but wouldn't take them. I was using the settings I have for a 60csx which is probably the wrong ones. Has anybody else tried this unit? Thanks

I have a c530 and just recently found I can load caches into it. It will take you to the area like it would if you put in an address, but I wasn't able to get it really close to a cache.

If you open up GSAK one more time, you'll find that under Garmin, it has support for the c530. They'll be loaded as POI. The c530 will certainly be useful for getting you to the general site of a cache, but could be a problem when it comes to actual cache location (accuracy and road snap issues).
If you open up GSAK one more time, you'll find that under Garmin, it has support for the c530. They'll be loaded as POI. The c530 will certainly be useful for getting you to the general site of a cache, but could be a problem when it comes to actual cache location (accuracy and road snap issues).

:) Thanks. I'll try that. POIs will work.