"send all to gps" from google map ?

tribalwind

wondering if there is a way to do this, as is possible when searching by address,zip etc...

i see it makes a list to the lower right similar to the way the other search does, why is there not a checkbox added to the right of each cache there and a "select all" in the same fashion ?

it also seems it should be possible to view all selected caches on a new page with selectable levels of detail available as it is in each cache's page..in order to print-all together in a specified order (distance from eachother/level of difficulty/size of cache and so on) are there macros like this out there for GSAK or similar program? i dont have premium membership yet, and doesnt seem like it would help me anyway as i use a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx and from what i'm reading,my unit isnt capable of saving all the info in the GPX files anyway...so i'll have to print hints etc for now...or use a PDA or something eventually....

pardon my ignorance please, i've got all of a day or two under my belt thus far !

Matthew~

Premium Membership.

Use GSAK, basic cache information can be loaded onto a 60 by use of POI's.

eg. Send cache as GPX and it shows as a cache.

Also send as a POI and you can get some cache description and hints.

(There is a specific macro to send as POI)

Various Macros also allow you to re-name the cache to show D/T size, type etc.

GSAK 60CSX Macro

Feel free to ask any questions on the GSAK forum, you usually get a quick answer!

Premium Membership.

Use GSAK, basic cache information can be loaded onto a 60 by use of POI's.

eg. Send cache as GPX and it shows as a cache.

Also send as a POI and you can get some cache description and hints.

(There is a specific macro to send as POI)

Various Macros also allow you to re-name the cache to show D/T size, type etc.

GSAK 60CSX Macro

Feel free to ask any questions on the GSAK forum, you usually get a quick answer!

Thank you bear,

i'm now leaning towards picking up a used PDA or similar device to store entire cache-webpage to including all comments/pictures etc. a friend says she may have one i could have. this seems optimal to me, rather than cramming multiple screens of info onto my little 60 and navigating between separate POI points to get to it....

i'm now leaning towards picking up a used PDA or similar device to store entire cache-webpage to including all comments/pictures etc. a friend says she may have one i could have. this seems optimal to me, rather than cramming multiple screens of info onto my little 60 and navigating between separate POI points to get to it....

From my experience, I think the GPS-plus-PDA approach is the best under the circumstance. That's the method I used before I broke down and bought a Garmin Oregon GPS. I used GSAK on my PC to load cache information into both the PDA (with CacheMate software) and the 60CSx. I used that combination for several years with a lot of success.

I tried the method of loading cache information to the 60CSx as POIs, with multiple screens for each cache, and I never became comfortable with it. It always felt like a clumsy workaround.

--Larry

From my experience, I think the GPS-plus-PDA approach is the best under the circumstance. That's the method I used before I broke down and bought a Garmin Oregon GPS. I used GSAK on my PC to load cache information into both the PDA (with CacheMate software) and the 60CSx. I used that combination for several years with a lot of success.

I tried the method of loading cache information to the 60CSx as POIs, with multiple screens for each cache, and I never became comfortable with it. It always felt like a clumsy workaround.

--Larry

thanks for the confirmation!, this is the way i am going to go then :D

i looked at the oregons when researching a unit also.. i liked that they had the ability to load aerial photos too... but the 60csx really spoke to me, i appreciate how rugged and durable it feels with

the rubberized body, just felt beefier and robust..

all the new units i was seeing like oregon etc, while nice looking and chockfull of newer features, just felt like theyd get scratched up easily and i'd break them if they ever dropped,they look more like ipod and smart-phones not suited for harsh wilderness environments. i also wasnt about to drop $500 on one,,,my kayak cost that much new!... my main reason for getting a gps in the first place was to take it along kayaking and hiking. been very happy witht he 60 and doubt i'll upgrade anytime soon, at least not until they come out with one that'll pinpoint ya to within a foot or two :D so yea, a long ways off hah

Edited by tribalwind

all the new units i was seeing like oregon etc, while nice looking and chockfull of newer features, just felt like theyd get scratched up easily and i'd break them if they ever dropped,they look more like ipod and smart-phones not suited for harsh wilderness environments. i also wasnt about to drop $500 on one,,,my kayak cost that much new!... my main reason for getting a gps in the first place was to take it along kayaking and hiking. been very happy witht he 60 and doubt i'll upgrade anytime soon, at least not until they come out with one that'll pinpoint ya to within a foot or two :D so yea, a long ways off hah

Based on my experience, again, you can't get much more rugged than the Garmin GPSMap 60 (and 72) series. My 60CSx looks like it's been run over by a train, and the buttons are barely readable after years of use, but I"m guessing it will still be working years from now. Reminds me of the old Timex watch commercials. :D

--Larry

--Larry

This is how I had also done it for a couple of years. I also tried the POI macro but really didn't like it or didn't get used to it. I then used my iPhone with the GC app for my paperless feature.

Other options beside a PDA, because if you have a newer 64 bit processor they will not work with them, are iPods (including the iPod touch) or older but pretty cheap smart phones. Just use the phone as a data storage device and don't activate it for cellular service.

I tried using the iPod but I had an older original series nano and the screen was just too small for me to read. If I had one of the older or newer ones that had the bigger screen, I would have used that instead of purchasing a PDA.

I hope this helps you in making a decision.