Has geocaching ever brought out the MacGyver in you?

I can't think of too many MacGyver moments myself, but there was this one time where I had gone on a hike around a lake to find some caches in the area. I usually take a notepad along to write down which geocaches I've found that day, and any notes pertaining to those caches, but I realized I'd left the notepad in the car...

Not wanting to walk back to the car to grab a notepad, and walk all the way back to my current position, I took a look around, and found a perfect subsitute: A palm frond 'stick'! Fortunately, I at least brought my pen along with me.

I guess if I keep this up, I'll truly be doing 'paperless' caching! :)mTlni.jpgsUNN6.jpg

Edited by TheLoneWanderer

Twigs are extremely handy for extracting logs from micros when your MacGyver Swiss army knife is in the car.

so are cactus spines if in az desert :)

So is the clip off the dog's lead.

The trick is then to get the dog back ON the lead. (How is it they can do a 45 minute hike, then they want to run some more?)

Also, I've been known to put CITO garbage bags on my feet to wade through a freezing cold stream.