Texas geocoins

Sniffer_Outters

Hi all! I am thinking about minting some texas geocoins and have many ideas. One of them is a cut out armadillo colored like the texas flag. I would like your input and design ideas. I also would like to mint an austin texas specific coin. I had an idea of a 2 inch tie die coin with the old sain keep austin weird, but im at a lose of what should be on the other side. Like I said I would love to here everyones opinion.

I do not know much about Texas geocoins... unfortunatelly! :)

I also do not know if my idea can be done and be legal... (with the law!)

But (I hope I ill not be missunderstood or anything...) when I hear about Texas.... the first things that comes in my mind are...

1) Texas Rangers and their badge

2) Oil

I would love to see a coin with the map of Taxas and on it the flag and the seal of Texas rangers

and...

I would really love to see the badge of Texas Rangers (like the one Chuck Noris is wearing in the movies.. :D ), with the cut outs etc... and the logo... Geocaching Texas Rangers!

I do not know if that exist already!

Maybe it would be great to make the coin as a pin to look like a real badge, or to make a small pin with the coin! :D

Of course.. I do not know if this will be legal! If the coin will look like the real badge... maybe....

Just to see what is in my mind...

The texas map and rangers seal.....

texas_ranger_badge_tea_party_sticke.jpg

but I have no idea what is the tea party! (tea party??? A party that they serve tea? A political party?? an organization???... sorry I do not know!!)

and the badge... in both sides.. in case you want to make it as a big pin too...

321.jpg

texas-rangers-badge-back.jpg

The pin can be made to move and will not be out of the coin... a lot! You can take it to the side (for example turn it left from the base), and when you want to use it... bring it back in the straght line!

Edited by GATOULIS

it looks like Montgomery, Texas is closer to Houston than Austin. are y'all from Austin? or is there any special reason for choosing an Austin saying? just curious. many people know Austin through the popular music program "Austin City Limits", so perhaps a theme around the music of the city would be cool.

about the armadillo theme,...there have been a few armadillo themed geocoins before, but you can never have enough armadillos, as my pappy used to say! :) what i think of when anyone mentions armadillos, is their hard armour like protective shell...a shell as strong as a metal box...or geocache ammo can...so what if...you had a shaped coin with an armadillo head and tail, but with an ammo can for a body?! on one side of the geocoin, the ammo can would have the likeness to match the real animal shell or skin, and on the other side of the geocoin, you could place the colors of the state flag! can you tell that i like "shaped" geocoins?! well, it was just the first idea that came to my mind, but i'm sure that brain storming it would produce better results. good luck on the new geocoin! :D

Austin is in pretty much hill country and it is the nicest (sp?) and cleanest city I have ever been in. There is a lot of culture, art and history in Austin, topping off with a predominate middle class setting where everyone gets along well. Don't have anything nice to say about Houston. We used to refer to armadillos as Texas speed bumps. However I do like Odyssey's idea. There are several symbols that automatically make me think of Texas. 1. The Lone Star 2. An Armadillo 3. Boot 4. Longhorns Good luck with your project.

Hi all! I am thinking about minting some texas geocoins and have many ideas. One of them is a cut out armadillo colored like the texas flag. I would like your input and design ideas. I also would like to mint an austin texas specific coin. I had an idea of a 2 inch tie die coin with the old sain keep austin weird, but im at a lose of what should be on the other side. Like I said I would love to here everyones opinion.

Is this a Texas Geocaching Association coin or a personal coin?

Is this a Texas Geocaching Association coin or a personal coin?

Texas Geocaching Association will be holding a contest for designs for the official TXGA coin next month! I'd love to see some of these designs submitted!

I live in montgomery which is far north houston. I live on the lake and am 5 miles away from the sam houston national forest. There are rolling hills with bluebonnets and one of the thicket forests I have ever hiked in. Its not anything like people picture its country but with all the city ammendities its great. Im not from here but am a texas native. I like the austin theme cause it is one of my favorite citys in the country. I go there quite a bit due to friends that live there. The coin is a personal one but I would trade and sell some, and of course I would drop more than a couple in some texas caches. Thanks for all the intrest and replys.