Programming - Geocaching API

kirgy9

A WORD: This is a bit of a detailed topic about server software programming, and some might not know what this is! This is intended for the programmers ammoungst us.

Is geocaching ever going to release an API for their website? Being a server programmer I'm so eager to develope some system relating to geocaching. Just looking at how the API's from google and facebook have taken off, geocaching is just one API away from some really awesome stuff!

I stumbled accross a really nice blog post by a fellow geocacher, and everything here is so true. Why wont geocaching open an API for the website?

Heres the blog post:

http://birdhouse.org/blog/2008/08/24/notes-on-open-apis/

This is a bit of a detailed topic about server software programming, and some might not know what this is!

I don't know what is so technical about this issue. In court the attorney would jump up and say "this question has been asked and answered your honor" and the judge then would tell the other attorney to move on. This question has been asked many times and the frog always says no.

The two issues are server load and probably more important, money. If you want to use the API you have to pay which is a very reasonable business decision.

Edited by Walts Hunting