TB Question

Reihn

This being my first TB. I realize the NO-NO's of the cache world. Specifically No Live Ammo.

What I would like to know. Is it alright for me to attached a Non-live round to my TB? It has a good size hole drilled thru it so it's apparent it's not live. (it's a keyring)

Thank you much. Just trying to do things right the first time around.

-Reihn

Edited by Reihn

Sure. Put a .416 Rigby out there. ;)

I don't think it would last very long. ;)

Passing airport security is always a good measuring stick for a proper traveler. :)

I guess this one won't be leaving the country then. Thanks for the input!

This being my first TB. I realize the NO-NO's of the cache world. Specifically No Live Ammo.

What I would like to know. Is it alright for me to attached a Non-live round to my TB? It has a good size hole drilled thru it so it's apparent it's not live. (it's a keyring)

-Reihn

Just keep in mind though. That international customs for SOME countries have issues even with NON-Live ammunition. Meaning you can't have any form of ammunition on your person or luggage of any form.

As a result this could severely limit where your TB would or could travel too.

I know I would not want to even attempt to take your TB to another country.

I say this because a I actually witnessed at Heathrow airport a guy who had a non-live round on a necklace. It was even engraved. As well as two lead bullets that he had appearantly been shot with in Vietnam. The British customs would NOT let him enter the country with his necklace. This was POST 9/11 as well.

TGC

Passing airport security is always a good measuring stick for a proper traveler. :rolleyes:

Last year while traveling in Germany, I picked up a TB with a small screwdriver attached. I put it in my backpack and forgot about it, intending to bring it home to Newfoundland to place. When we got to Frankfurt Airport, I was putting something away when I found it. I had forgotten to pack it in my regular luggage! About 100m away from security was a post office. I bought a pack of those small padded envelopes, popped it in and mailed it to myself! I was so afraid that Airport security would take it (it being a hefty pointy object) and with the language difference that I wouldn't be able to explain it. About a week after I got home, it arrived in my mail and I then placed it in a local cache. It is still travelling and has since shown up in one of my caches.

Edited by guiderchachi

-Reihn

Just keep in mind though. That international customs for SOME countries have issues even with NON-Live ammunition. Meaning you can't have any form of ammunition on your person or luggage of any form.

As a result this could severely limit where your TB would or could travel too.

I know I would not want to even attempt to take your TB to another country.

I say this because a I actually witnessed at Heathrow airport a guy who had a non-live round on a necklace. It was even engraved. As well as two lead bullets that he had appearantly been shot with in Vietnam. The British customs would NOT let him enter the country with his necklace. This was POST 9/11 as well.

TGC

Wow

I would think if you were talking about the actual slug being attached, it would present less of a problem. If you are talking about the complete cartridge with casing attached, I would first have to comment drilling one is not a good idea, unless you loaded it yourself without powder and with a spent primer. :blink: Even then I think it would still cause scrutiny in some situations, even though it is clearly not a live round.

The world has changed post 9/11, sadly.

edit to add- just noticed you said it was a keychain so is already drilled. Did not mean to insult your intelligence in any way, but I once worked with a guy who had lost an eye, part of his ear, a thumb and two fingers, making a pipe bomb out of a copper pipe filled with gunpowder which he tried to close my mashing the end shut then hammering it flat. And he was a pretty intelligent guy... I thought.

Edited by NeecesandNephews