Geocaching at my school

I am planning a geocaching event at my school. Since I am a former land surveyor, I plan to incorporate some survey history practice and lingo in the exercise. --I am, however, new to geocaching.

I have decided to run two groups of 18 students, at two different sessions, to search for 6 caches. I have also decided that each team of 3 within the groups will start at 6 different "points of beginning" for which they can check coordinates and gather satellites. I also plan to send each group toward a separate end point from which they will find a cache after solving a puzzle or using horizontal or vertical distance etc.

If anyone has any ideas about organizing the logistics, please advise.

Michael Moats

I am planning a geocaching event at my school. Since I am a former land surveyor, I plan to incorporate some survey history practice and lingo in the exercise. --I am, however, new to geocaching.

I have decided to run two groups of 18 students, at two different sessions, to search for 6 caches. I have also decided that each team of 3 within the groups will start at 6 different "points of beginning" for which they can check coordinates and gather satellites. I also plan to send each group toward a separate end point from which they will find a cache after solving a puzzle or using horizontal or vertical distance etc.

If anyone has any ideas about organizing the logistics, please advise.

Michael Moats

Are you going to use caches already listed on gc.com or place ones on the site?

There's no need to do either of course. You can hide the 6 caches and get the coordinates yourself gc.com need not be invovled!

Sounds like a good way to do a multi-cache. e.g. Each cache will contain part of the coordinates to find the "big" cache at the end. Then the winning team gets a little prize :P