Oregon 450 street labels

The street names aren't showing on my Oregon 450. They used to but I must have some how turned them off. Can any one direct me as how to turn them back on.
Could be you've just reduced your displayed detail level.

Setup

Map

Advanced Map Setup

Detail = ? (try working your way towards "Most")

The street names aren't showing on my Oregon 450. They used to but I must have some how turned them off. Can any one direct me as how to turn them back on.

Did this happen after updating to the 3.30 SW version? I had the same problem when I updated my Oregon 550 to the 3.30 version. I double checked all my settings and still nothing. I downgraded back to 3.20 and the street labels reappeared.

Seems that their recent release of code for both x50 Oregon and Dakota hammered the street names for everyone. Unlike the time this happened at an Oregon release numerous versions ago, this goof isn't just specific to the geocaching profile. I can't find a street name displayed under any profile using any settings. And of course, they shut down shop today for Good Friday right after the release. They'd have done well to wait until Monday, which I suspect is going to be a truly miserable day for tech support. I hope those guys in support give the QA team absolute hell for a poor job of pre-release regression testing. Would serve them right if QA got stuck taking tech support calls for a week!

For the moment, I've reverted by Oregon 20 to the 2.61beta release -- it's the most recent I have downloaded. Did anyone get a copy of the exe or gcd files for Dakota's 2.70 version?

Edited by ecanderson

Seems that their recent release of code for both x50 Oregon and Dakota hammered the street names for everyone.

It goes across all the Oregon line, the Dakota line and the Colorado line. Very poor QA.

Yikes - did the other models just get a firmware upgrade, too? I have only been tracking the one that just came out that added Birdseye to the x50 Oregons (FW 3.30), the x50 Colorados (FW 3.30), and the Dakota pair (FW 2.80). Those versions broke street names for each of those models.

What FW was released for the earlier Oregons (e.g., 200, 300, 400) that broke those? Same?