Oregon 450 map question

Thrak

With my 76CSx I can load maps directly to the unit. The ads for the Oregon 450 talk about maps on a card. Is it still possible to load the maps directly to the Oregon 450 or do they HAVE to be the ones that come on the removable card?

You can load maps onto a removable memory card. When you connect the OR to your computer it will show up as two drives, one with a triangular Garmin logo and one without. Load the maps to the drive without the logo. If you load the maps from an app like MapSource or BaseCamp it will create a gmapsupp.IMG in the Garmin directory. The OR will support multiple IMG files so you can rename it SomethingIRecognize.IMG and add more maps.

Lots of free topo maps at gpsfiledepot.

Edited by seldom_sn

With my 76CSx I can load maps directly to the unit. The ads for the Oregon 450 talk about maps on a card. Is it still possible to load the maps directly to the Oregon 450 or do they HAVE to be the ones that come on the removable card?

You can also load maps directly to the 450 (as opposed to on a removable card). I have maps loaded directly on the 550t and on the 4GB removable card in my unit.

--Larry

You can also load maps directly to the 450 (as opposed to on a removable card). I have maps loaded directly on the 550t and on the 4GB removable card in my unit.

--Larry

Thanks. I normally load my maps from Mapsource and send them directly to the unit.