Logging GeoCoins

eray4

As I creep into the later years of life, I find some things get me a little confused.

One of those things is the process of logging a GeoCoin, either found or dropped off.

Obviously I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, but don't know what!

Sometimes the log works just fine, other times; not. Is it just me, or is there a glitch in the system?

Hi eray4,

the normal process of coins (or any other trackables), would be that you retrieve them from a geocache when you actually took it out of a cache. In case you took the coin from some other geocache in which it is supposed to be, you would say that you grabbed it from somewhere else. A third option would be that you just discovered it (in like you just saw it and noted down the number, but you left it in the cache. Or you saw someone else with the coin and just want to let the owner know thay you spotted his coin).

In a second phase, you would drop it in a geocache. That's something you do when writing your log into the page of the cache. Before being able to drop it, you need to have retrieved or grabbed it.

I hope this is an answer, however, I note you already have 213 finds and found 27 trackables. So I guess I might have misunderstood the question?

Cheers,

SOSv2

To drop a coin in a cache you do it from the cache log page. Say you want to log a Found It, write your message then select the traveler you dropped off. Like this....

Coindrop.jpg

To grab, retrieve, discover or just post a note get to the coinpage, select the type of log you want to post, choose the date, enter the tracking number from the coin -again- then compose your log message and SUBMIT. Like this...

Coingrab.jpg

To drop a coin in a cache you do it from the cache log page. Say you want to log a Found It, write your message then select the traveler you dropped off. Like this....

Coindrop.jpg

To grab, retrieve, discover or just post a note get to the coinpage, select the type of log you want to post, choose the date, enter the tracking number from the coin -again- then compose your log message and SUBMIT. Like this...

Coingrab.jpg

I like yours. Makes it easy to understand.