DNF, DNF, DNF

There is one owner in my area that deletes my DNFs. I logged 3 of her's with a DNF, two of them had actually been muggled and the third I don't know. I will probably not bother with logging a DNF on any of her's anymore. She even wrote me and said I should log all my DNFs as finds for hers cause someone had been muggling all her hides. What? I can't do that. Seems that some owners don't like the practice for some reason.

Edited by EddieB606

After reading the forums quite a bit lately, Ive noticed a lot of animosity towards those who don't log DNF's. I use my find count more to keep me organized in my caching than any bragging rights (maybe because its still around 50) but I am worried that some cachers would accuse me of not logging a DNF.

Sometimes I wont log a DNF if I plan to come back the next day. The simple reason is that I did a cache once that was full of DNFs by the same person and it was annoying to read through and I dont want to log 5 DNFs on the same cache in a row. I dont mind logging a DNF if I didnt find it and I know I wont be back within 24 hours, but I dont want to hijack the on line log sheet. So my question is this: Do you log a DNF even if youre coming right back? If so, do you log every time you revisit or just edit your first log? And finally, if caching is REALLY "not about the numbers", why do people care about OTHER PEOPLE'S DNF count?

Please dont leave snide remarks, Im new here; and Im trying to learn!

I leave a DNF for every time I've actually searched for the cache, or if I was thwarted in my attempts to reach the GZ.

Times I have left DNFs:

- I searched for a while,. didn't come up with the goods

- A lot of muggles in the area

- an area looked sketchy and I didn't feel comfortable doing a search

- Couldn't get to the area due to obstructions (in on case it was a really icy trail I didn't feel comfortable walking on)

Times I did not leave a DNF:

- I didn't reach GZ for reasons aside from being physically able too. I've been on my way to a GZ and walked away before reaching the GZ because I ran out of time (had places I needed to be), had a diaper emergency (caching with 5 month olds adds a new dimension to the game) or I simply ran out of steam.

Rule of thumb: if my DNF log can provide useful information to others, I log it. If its just trivia, then I don't.

I don't log every DNF. I do log them if they are separated by a few days.

I do log at least one for each cache.

But currently I'm working on two mystery caches that end in camoed bison tubes- I've been logging every second visit- no one has gotten the FTF yet on one of them.

I also don't log a DNF if I get muggled out on a stealth required one, but I do mention it in my Find log that I got Muggled out.

This seems to be the norm where I live/cache.