Geocaching along a route

cachefinderew

From your profile page...

On the right side of the page, go to user routes>create a route. Therein is a detailed instructions, including a "how to" link.

Once you establish a route, it will allow you to run a PQ of that route you created. You may want to change the parameters, such as distance off that route to show/record caches, etc.

Play with it a bit, run a couple just to see how it works. You can run up to 5 PQ's per day.

When you create your PQ do not check a day of the week to run, leave that blank to start. Then after saving it go back to the list of your PQs. To the left of the name of your PQ there is an icon that when clicked on will let you see the results of that PQ in Google Maps. If it is not what you want go back and edit it then look at it again in Google Maps. After it is what you want then go and select a day of the week to run. This will keep you from wasting daily PQs with ones that aren't correct.

One of the reasons I became a PM is to find caches on a route from my home in NE Ohio to a family get together in VA.

You have to really play with it because at first, you'll get a whole lot of results! I didn't want to spend too much time in traveling off the freeway and I had kids with me, so I chose only regular sized ones or larger, within 2 miles of the freeway and to even bring those big resulrt numbers down, I told it to give me results with TB's in them. There are many TB hotels and such near freeways. I think the final tally was 25-30, of which I read the cache pages and all the logs to determine if it was something I had the time to do and was OK for my kids and our dog.

I love this feature and will use it again the same way as I travel from Ohio to my hometown in N. Michigan the first week of April.