Go to function cancels after passing closest road point

I'm running 3.60 software on my oregon 300 and when I am going to a cache in the "follow road" mode the unit stops navigating if I pass the closest road point to the cache--It just acts as if I canceled the destination and then operates normally in the map mode---Is this a quirk in the beta software I am using? thanks (TY)

I'm running 3.60 software on my oregon 300 and when I am going to a cache in the "follow road" mode the unit stops navigating if I pass the closest road point to the cache--It just acts as if I canceled the destination and then operates normally in the map mode---Is this a quirk in the beta software I am using? thanks (TY)

I find mine doing that also... it has been since I received it. I also have a problem with mine not switching to "Off Road" sometimes when I am traveling to a cache in the "On Road" mode.

I try and try and try to switch mine to "Off Road'. It beeps like it did it but when I look at the map it is still showing "On Road" directions.

The only way I can get it to work sometimes is cancel the route, then go through it all over again.

As far as canceling the routing.... my unit seems to do this if I drive past the cache in the "On Road" routing mode.

That is how I would expect it to work; it is routing you to the cache along a road like you asked, and as there is no road right to the cache, it stops at the closest road point, like you would in your car, park up, and switch to "off road" mode when you are walking.

That is how I would expect it to work; it is routing you to the cache along a road like you asked, and as there is no road right to the cache, it stops at the closest road point, like you would in your car, park up, and switch to "off road" mode when you are walking.

As I recall when I drove by the closest road spot mentioned above the unit would not stop the magenta line and would still try and return me to this first spot after turning the vehicle around--