My Oregon 400T - Hate it today :(

kevenh

Took my 400t to work today as there are some nearby caches, and a colleague is intrigued by the 'sport'.

Unusually, I hadn't had the GPSr on for possibly a whole week :laughing:

I didn't get a lock until we'd walked past the 1st available cache - OK, a bit embarrassing, but I explained that the gps postition data my GPSr had was useless and a fresh start was needed.

Got close to the next available cache and instead of getting the hint displayed I got the frozen blank page with the green Go button bottom right.

Beyond a joke.

This is with the same 3.42b installed that I've had for a month or two without this issue. I remember fgetting this issue all the time with a previous release, but why did it randomely resurface - with an audience!?

Where's the next beta! 3.61b :laughing:

:)

I went to 3.6 as soon as I saw it was available

Then had big problems displaying my recent GSAK cache updates so went back to 3.42b

In the end that cache display issue probably turned out to be just a 'feature' of the Oregon in it's >3.2 guise - not sure. The fix is easy enough; select a Profile I don't use (Marine or Fitness) then do a power on + hold top right of screen reset and select a profile I use :(

I might try 3.60 again. 3.61b seems ages away :o

cheers

EDIT: The crash going to the hint was still bugging me. The factory reset fix above just fixed the hint display

Edited by kevenh