Help with enabling HTML on cache

Fox_Trot

So when using an HTML on your cache information you need to click the enable button.... well when i do this it works as far as the HTML is concerned but all the spaces in between paragraphs are gone, it makes it one large large LARGE paragraph... any trick to this?

Edited by Fox_Trot

Or maybe the html code for paragraph could help.

<p>Paragraph text</p>

<p>Next text</p>

But I haven't tried if it's allowed on the geocaching site.

But I usually use <br /> myself. =)

both work and both are fine. <br /> is a simple line-break, while <p></p> is an actual paragraph. the difference is that there is slightly more space between individual paragraphs than between simple broken lines.

it should be noted that when enabling html for the first time (or the first time submitting the listing when you enable it right away), the textbox will "forget" any linebreaks you put into your html. this has no effect on how the listing will look like (because html doesn't care about linebreaks in the code itself), but makes editing the html very hard. so what i usually do is, enter my html, copy it to the clipboard, submit the listing, go back to edit the listing, replace the now mangled html with what i have in the clipboard (paste) and submit the listing again. after that, the linebreaks will stay in the html, making editing it much easier. (you still need those tags though, of course.)