Worldcaching.com Website

The Shire

Does anyone know what is going on with the www.worldcaching.com website? I just went to check out some of their new products and was a little surprised at what I found.

It looks like they got hacked or hijacked or something. I hope the hackers did not get access to credit card numbers!

It sure does!! I didn't see it at first, but the top link under Categories, and the Products box both make it very clear that it has been hacked!

[removed], just placed a large order 2 days ago B)

and the "New Products" on the right hand side :)

as for getting hold of CC numbers, i doubt it, only payment option is PayPal...so the CC numbers are not stored on the website

[Edited by moderator to remove potty language.]

Edited by Keystone

Do people actually use that site? There doesn't seem to be any functionality to it.

That's what I mean about it being hacked... it was a great site with lots of products.

And with CoinsandPins down too... makes me wonder what's going on.

Edited by The Shire

[removed], just placed a large order 2 days ago B)

You may want to go to paypal and cancel that order for the time being. You can always place it again when this blows over.

i just sent an email to the owner, chances are she doesn't even know about it yet, since its only 7am in BC

you can't cancel the order from paypal, funds get transferred right away, and i am not worried about it, i have the order confirmation email, most likely whomever hacked just wiped the DB and if the order was lost, i can always email her my copy

Edited by Keystone

what are you guys talking about when I go to new products it shows nothing

If you go to the website, look at the "new products" list on the right hand side of the page. The only entry is something foul. Also, all of the products on the page are gone. My personal information was messed with as well. My birthday ended up in the year 2039!