Geocoinclub

FreLeCo

Hi,

just wanted your experiences and ideas about geocoinclubs (e.g. geocoinclub.com). I was wondering whether it would be interesting to join it, but I hardly see any advantage in it. Even with the largest subscription (25 coins/month), you would still pay over $10 per coin. That's more than what I see in these forums or in other shops?

Do I miss something, because, of course, it is very rare to have a subscription with 25 coins/month. The most "interesting" subscriptions for me would be 1 per month and a 12 month subscription, still meaning $14 per coin?!?

Cheers,

SOSv2

Hi,

just wanted your experiences and ideas about geocoinclubs (e.g. geocoinclub.com). I was wondering whether it would be interesting to join it, but I hardly see any advantage in it. Even with the largest subscription (25 coins/month), you would still pay over $10 per coin. That's more than what I see in these forums or in other shops?

Do I miss something, because, of course, it is very rare to have a subscription with 25 coins/month. The most "interesting" subscriptions for me would be 1 per month and a 12 month subscription, still meaning $14 per coin?!?

Cheers,

SOSv2

Not to mention that if you sign up for a 12 Month sub right now, you get $60 in freebies. That's right, not a typo. 60 bucks worth!

Not to mention that if you sign up for a 12 Month sub right now, you get $60 in freebies. That's right, not a typo. 60 bucks worth!

Hi TMA,

I guess you're talking about another club than geocoinclub.com, as I only see a $20 discount for a 6 month subscription (and an additional coin for 12 months).

Cheers,

SOSv2

Hi TMA,

I guess you're talking about another club than geocoinclub.com, as I only see a $20 discount for a 6 month subscription (and an additional coin for 12 months).

Cheers,

SOSv2

Actually, I'm not. I'm specifically talking about geocoinclub.com. I actually run the current incentive program. If you sign up now for a 12 Month sub, I send you:

(1) free GCC Monthly geocoin release -- $10

<the list of non-trackable items offered was removed by moderator>

Note the word free B) And I'm estimating the value of the 10% off coupon. It obviously depends on how much you buy. And most people would value that new Masters at more than $20. But to each his own. I can only control what I put in the mailer. Value is all relative after that :)

TMA

Edited by Eartha
Too bad companies don't offer those of us that are loyal buyers an incentive program. We see this all the time whether coins or phones or anything else. If you are a new customer you get great deals but if you are a loyal customer you just get what you signed up for years ago.

For pretty much every coin club that exists I am a loyal buyer and member since inception (yeah yeah, I know the signs of addiction).

The incentive for me is the clubs charging me the same price that I started with (no increases so far) which is a much lower price than new purchasers and in addition, I receive a tag or a pin and cooler coins every month!

It's all in the direction of my viewpoint...

Edited by Toojin

Too bad companies don't offer those of us that are loyal buyers an incentive program. We see this all the time whether coins or phones or anything else. If you are a new customer you get great deals but if you are a loyal customer you just get what you signed up for years ago.

IF you started "years ago" when the per month cost was $10.00 and you're still at it, you're getting about $48.00 this year (using the OPs $14.00 per month figure) in the way of an incentive. Plus, you can buy the left over back issues for $10.00 or $12.00 and shipping.

My thing with the coin clubs is that though most of their coins are great, they crank out a clinker occasionally. You can always tell because there's an influx of last months coins showing up on Ebay. So, you get some great coins, but you're going to eat some clinkers which (in my opinion) elevates your per coin cost dramatically. And, yes, you could sell them on Ebay, but you're going head to head with GCC and some individuals of their group PLUS any other GCC club members who don't like their coin. So you're trying to get your $14.00 back for a coin that's selling for $11 to $13.

So if you're in, there's 'incentive" to stay in, but it's pretty tough to jump in today betting that the market's going to continue to increase and GCC is going to remain viable long enough for a person to get to the point where you might be right now. I've been collecting geocoins for nearly two years now and have seen at least four vendors disappear (Castle, A&E, CoinSwag, TnT) and I'm starting to be concerned about C&P. They've had the same note up for over two months now and their stock's starting to disappear from the stores of their listed re-sellers. Like my old fishing buddy said: "It's going to take some mighty fine bait to get fish to raise in this cold water!"