A Happy day for a stolen coin

NOSNOW

Today I got good news about one of our traveling geocoin. It really did get stolen. But the good news it was recovered and will continue on it's traveling. The Geocoin is TB1WJG9 below is the good news log.

Sorry for the delay in posting the coin. The day we found the coin we had our car broken into and our GPS and geocaching bag stolen. We were back in MN (we live in SD) to see family this last week and we saw our GPS at a pawn shop in Mankato... and the coin was still in the bag!! We reported it to the police but we did grab the coin so it can finally start its travels again. I wish we could have logged it right away but we are glad to have found it and getting it back into circulation. Sorry No Snow.. but it's travels have now taken it to SD. Once again, sorry about the delay! I will place it in a local cache tomorrow and will be logging it promptly.

Today I got good news about one of our traveling geocoin. It really did get stolen. But the good news it was recovered and will continue on it's traveling. The Geocoin is TB1WJG9 below is the good news log.

Sorry for the delay in posting the coin. The day we found the coin we had our car broken into and our GPS and geocaching bag stolen. We were back in MN (we live in SD) to see family this last week and we saw our GPS at a pawn shop in Mankato... and the coin was still in the bag!! We reported it to the police but we did grab the coin so it can finally start its travels again. I wish we could have logged it right away but we are glad to have found it and getting it back into circulation. Sorry No Snow.. but it's travels have now taken it to SD. Once again, sorry about the delay! I will place it in a local cache tomorrow and will be logging it promptly.

WOOOT! Late last year I had bought a batch of coins that had one coin that was activated and had been missing for a couple years. The owner was overjoyed when I emailed him the good news and rereleased the coin into the wild. Never despair about loosing one as they have a way of reappearing!

WOW! That's a great story!!

I have a similar story

I released a "Geocaching is the Key - blue version" geocoin in IA on 7/10/08; by 9/15/08 it had made it to New York and down to SC; by 1/3/09, it went missing...

I "replaced" the coin with a "copy cat" mini dog tag (green with a white cat on it) on 6/9/09 and the "copy cat coin" is still travelling

early in January 2010, I recieved an email from a cacher who discovered the original coin (unlogged) in a cache in SC; he asked what I would like him to do and I had him mail it back to me

can't tell you how pleased I was...

I have 78 trackables out; 19 are missing... <_<:);)

Edited by Pastor_B

Wonderful news!!! And this is why we wait a good long time before sending out that laminated copy. If you ever do send out a copy of your coin, and the original comes back, the copy should be reeled back in, mailed to you, destroyed by the holder at your request, or removed from a cache by the owner, or next visitor, so that there are not two items traveling on the same tracking number.