Wanted: Geocachers to interview

Canbywriter

Hello,

My name is Patrick Johnson and I am doing an article for a tourism Web site called Oregon.com on geocaching.

I would love to talk with anyone who wants to educate me on the ins and outs of this hobby, and how it can enhance a vacation.

Feel free to contact me at patrick@oregon.com.

To let you know, after reading about this, I am going to try it with my kids, sounds like a lot of fun!

Hello,

My name is Patrick Johnson and I am doing an article for a tourism Web site called Oregon.com on geocaching.

I would love to talk with anyone who wants to educate me on the ins and outs of this hobby, and how it can enhance a vacation.

To let you know, after reading about this, I am going to try it with my kids, sounds like a lot of fun!

There is an event called Geocaching 101 coming up soon nearby. I think it's in Tualatin this weekend. You will get all the answers you need there, if you want to attend.

Hello,

Email Sent :(

Hi Pat,

Being from Indiana I probably can't do you much good for your article. But let me encourage you to have some fun caching with your kids. When I am not busy poking around under dead trees or avoiding muggles I teach a class on fathering out at church. One of the things I stress to the guys is this; If we spend our time with them now, they will spend their time with us later.

Cheers

I haven't done any geo-tourism yet but I can tell you that geocaching has shown me unusual and interesting, non-obvious places in my own hometown that I was unaware of. When I travel, I like to see that kind of place, not the Holiday Inn and the tourist traps. Caches (carefully chosen in advance) will help me find those places away from home, too.