Deleting found caches

coralteach

This is probably a dumb question. I have a garmin oregon 550. I downloaded a bunch of caches. (I was going to download them all in a 10 mile radius, but even after I checked download all, it didn't come up on my computer to download them. Plus I have a macbook, so maybe things work differently? Anyway, I found 6, Yippee!, And they don't show on my garmin anymore. Does that mean they are deleted automatically after I put found, or are they lurking somewhere, using up my memory?

Plus, are you supposed to go caching at night? I'm trying to be not seen, but around where I live, there are a ton of muggles. Going at night seems twice as hard...I'm barely finding ones at this point. I say this because in some of the descriptions, the log says they found it during a night of caching.

Thanks for any help.

On that unit - you delete finds by deleting the GPX file that originally contained the cache. - Look in the [drive:]\garmin\gpx folder.

Caching at night can be quite fun - just don't go anywhere that is of flimits or otherwise restricted during nighttime hours. Also avoid area that might cause alarm with somebody poking around in the dark.

I usually avoid any caches that seem so public that I cannot get to them unless I go after dark.