Garmin eTrex Legend

A friend of mine has a Garmin eTrex H (Cheaper model then yours) and used it for work. We went caching this weekend and used his and my new EtrexVista HCX. Although he had to put his cords in manually it worked great!! So, you might have to do a little extra work but it should work!! Mine I can plug into the computer and download the caches I want to find (little less work). Both were very accurate and worked well. We were impressed that we could use his little one too!!! Hope that helps a little. I am new to this too. :tongue: . Mine had some bad reviews but I think for a beginner, it works great and I am enjoying it.

Found several hundred caches with the ETrex Legend (Blue) GPS. I found it to be very accurate in open ground. It did lose signal in heavy tree cover, but will pick it back up at the next clear overhead spot. I eventually moved on to quad helix antenna GPS's, but for $80 approx. its not a bad place to start.

Phew, I ordered a Garmin eTrex something from online a week ago, its YELLOW... I have faith that its going to work for me now! Was about 140 canadian once the currency exchanged, and comes with computer cables, takes AA batteries... Now off to find some of these caches, and get the coordinates for my first cache and post them on the website!

I don't think mine came with a cable. It was some bundle pack called the "adventure pack" and all listings I've read don't say it comes with a cable... just great.

maybe I can turn around and resell it on craigslist for $75 or so and actually get a good model... who knows.

Edited by fendermallot

I don't think mine came with a cable. It was some bundle pack called the "adventure pack" and all listings I've read don't say it comes with a cable... just great.

maybe I can turn around and resell it on craigslist for $75 or so and actually get a good model... who knows.

It should have included the cable. I think the adventure pack also included mapping software. If you live some place without a lot of trees it could work just fine. Otherwise selling it might be a good idea.

And don't forget to leave negative feedback for the seller if he misrepresented the unit.