Transferring cache's en masse to Garmin Oregon...HELP!

Fat Cog

Hi

I am a premium Geocache member and after getting the results of a cache search revelaing (for example) multiple searches I am unable to transfer them straight to my GPS Garmin Oregon 550. However, when I transfer them individually straight to my GPS no problems are encountered. My probelms are restricted to an extensive list and when I press 'download waypoints' my system has a revolt!

Do it via Pocket Queries.

A pocket Query allows you to download up to 500 caches at a time using criteria you specify either in an area or along a route. The resulting GPX file contains all of the cache listing page details including hint, last 5 logs, description, size, etc. Here is a fine tutorial for learning PQs - http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

No other software required.

Take that (unzipped) GPX file from the PQ and place it on your Oregon in the [drive:]\garmin\gpx folder while it is hooked up to your PC in mass storage mode - unhook and go caching. Easy.

Do it via Pocket Queries.

A pocket Query allows you to download up to 500 caches at a time using criteria you specify either in an area or along a route. The resulting GPX file contains all of the cache listing page details including hint, last 5 logs, description, size, etc. Here is a fine tutorial for learning PQs - http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

No other software required.

Take that (unzipped) GPX file from the PQ and place it on your Oregon in the [drive:]\garmin\gpx folder while it is hooked up to your PC in mass storage mode - unhook and go caching. Easy.

Hi

I am a premium Geocache member and after getting the results of a cache search revelaing (for example) multiple searches I am unable to transfer them straight to my GPS Garmin Oregon 550. However, when I transfer them individually straight to my GPS no problems are encountered. My probelms are restricted to an extensive list and when I press 'download waypoints' my system has a revolt!

It is a long process to explain why this happens but if you go get Easygps..It is free and use it you will be happy.