GPS Device Connection

shadowmanVA

Bought a Lowrance Enfura Safari and added it to my devices and also made it my default device but when I go to download a cache to my device it doesnt work. I used to have a Garmin and it downloaded directly. Now the send to GPS still wants to connect to the Garmin. What do I need to do to download a cache to my new device?

Thanks,

Kyle

Send to GPS only works with Garmin and DeLorme units. Get yourself GSAK and you can dowload from the cache search results page. For example if you search from your zipcode you will get a list of the closest caches. To the right of each cache is a box. Check the box of the caches you want to dowload, then page down and click on the download button. Save to your PC then open it in GSAK and send it to your Lowrance.

Or better yet become a premium member and just run pocket queries. You can get up to 500 caches per query and you can run 5 a day. Then use GSAK to send to your Lowrance.

Edited by briansnat

First you need to be a premium member to get all the cache page details.

NO software at all is necessary. You can click the GPX button on any cache page and save it to the [drive]:\gpx folder on the Endura - unhook and go caching. Faster than the "send" button anyway.

Better yet - learn Pocket Queries and sent up to 500 at a time to the unit by saving the GPX result of a PQ to the same folder. http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm to learn more.

After some research I found I needed to be a premier member to download GPX to the Endura. Thanks for your help!!!

Kyle

FYI, the Safari is probably like my Out&Back. It can handle LOC files as well as GPX. You can choose to download LOC without upgrading to premium membership. I do agree the pocket query option is a lot better though.

After some research I found I needed to be a premier member to download GPX to the Endura. Thanks for your help!!!

Kyle

FYI, the Safari is probably like my Out&Back. It can handle LOC files as well as GPX. You can choose to download LOC without upgrading to premium membership. I do agree the pocket query option is a lot better though.

True, but with LOC files you are not going to see cache pages and be able to make use of the great geocaching specific features of the Endura.

Edited by briansnat