Looking for a geocaching buddy...

luvfrog74

I am in the Eugene/Springfield area & would really like to find someone to geocache with. I absolutely love geocaching but my husband does not enjoy it as much as I do so... I would really like to find someone that is just starting or haven't found many around this area to go with, I am not as comfortable going alone to some sites so I thought if I could find someone to share the finds with, it could be a win/win outcome ;)

Personally... I'm game for almost any cache find but love the hills. I haven't ventured into many of the caches in town cuz I'm not too sluethy (sp?) when it comes to muggles. Understand my GPS very well so I am usually good at finding them... I'm not looking to spend every night looking for caches but once a month or every other week type thing sounds about right... or if a new one is posted & want to score the FTF, I'm always game for that too!!

Edited by luvfrog74

Also... if anyone knows somewhere where you can meet others who like to geocache other than here, please let me know?? Much appreciated...

Check the weekly Groundspeak newsletter for the nearest Event Caches. Always the best places to meet cachers you don't know yet. Also as a Premium Member you can do a PQ search for Event caches ONLY. Remember: Do NOT pick a day of the week to run, and only preview the results if you do not want the results emailed to you (also would not count against your PQ daily limit). Note: The event hosts in your area are not very quick to archivie past events. Be sure to check the date closely.

Edited by Cardinal Red

Thanks for the info... I will continue to look for events in my area, none too close right now.

As for the website, gotcache.com, it doesn't seem very active? I will continue to check it out though.

Thanks again... still looking for caching friend :))

Yes, it has been slow lately. sign up for the forum and drop a note and it will add a bit of life.

(gotcache.com Moderator)