Delorme PN-40 - Cache Register

I got a new Delorme PN-40 for Christmas and would like to try out loading it via Cache Register. I have downloaded the application to my desktop and executed it. How do you get a Pocekt Query into Cache Register? Any directions would be helpful. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple!!

There's nothing you need to do to get the PQ into Cache Register. It automatically connects to GC.com when you open it and pulls your PQs in. As long as the PQ has been run on the website (day of the week checked) within the last couple weeks it should be available in CR when you connect your PN-40 and do a sync.

I got a new Delorme PN-40 for Christmas and would like to try out loading it via Cache Register. I have downloaded the application to my desktop and executed it. How do you get a Pocekt Query into Cache Register? Any directions would be helpful. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple!!

There's nothing you need to do to get the PQ into Cache Register. It automatically connects to GC.com when you open it and pulls your PQs in. As long as the PQ has been run on the website (day of the week checked) within the last couple weeks it should be available in CR when you connect your PN-40 and do a sync.

That's what I thought too, but for some reason it's not pulling in the PQ's. I'll run a fresh PQ and try again just to make sure.

I tried again to get my Cache Register to retrieve the Pocket Queries from GC.com and it will not retrieve them. I was able to load some caches via GSAK. When I connect the PN-40 and turn it on, it auto syncs and pulls the cache data (found etc.) from the device, but it does not pull any pocket queries from my GC.com account, even ones I ran just today. Anyone seen this problem before?

One thing that sometimes works is to delete the files CacheRegister.xml:

1. Do a Windows search for one on your PC, and

2. On your PN-40, Menu, Connect to computer, Map Transfer, Internal.

I trust that the first time that you opened Cache Register that you used your geocaching.com User Name and Password.

Also, when PQs are run, one should also get an email with the results attached as a zip file.

They can be unzipped to the gpx files and then Cache Register can be directed to those to upload to the PN.

One thing that sometimes works is to delete the files CacheRegister.xml:

1. Do a Windows search for one on your PC, and

2. On your PN-40, Menu, Connect to computer, Map Transfer, Internal.

I trust that the first time that you opened Cache Register that you used your geocaching.com User Name and Password.

Also, when PQs are run, one should also get an email with the results attached as a zip file.

They can be unzipped to the gpx files and then Cache Register can be directed to those to upload to the PN.

I did use my geocaching.com User Name & Password when I first opened Cache Register and have been receiving the emails from GC.com with the zip files attached.

I understand unzipping the gpx files, but how do you direct Cache register to upload them? or will is just find them on it's own?

Thanks for your Help!

I understand unzipping the gpx files, but how do you direct Cache register to upload them? or will is just find them on it's own?

Thanks for your Help!

No,

1. Open Cache Register.

2. Above "SYNC", click on "My Pocket Queries",

3. Select and Click on "Import Pocket Query" to open up a typical Windows Explorer open/import navigation/dialog box, navigate to and open the gpx file.

What should have worked is to select the pocket query after step #2 is to select and highlight your PQ and then click on "SYNC."

Thanks for your Help!

No,

1. Open Cache Register.

2. Above "SYNC", click on "My Pocket Queries",

3. Select and Click on "Import Pocket Query" to open up a typical Windows Explorer open/import navigation/dialog box, navigate to and open the gpx file.

What should have worked is to select the pocket query after step #2 is to select and highlight your PQ and then click on "SYNC."

That is where I'm having the problem. When I click on "My Pocket Queries", nothing happens! No Pocket Queries nor does the create or Import Pocket Query Menus appear! I uninstalled the application, and downloaded again thinking I had a corrupted file, but I still get the same thing

I'm seem to recall that shortly after Cache Register was released there were a few people with problems that resolved them by installing all available windows updates. Worth checking into.

THANKS Pax42. That did the trick for me!! Strange, because I have Auto Updates selected for daily updates, but when I went to the Windows Update Website and scanned for the latest updates on my computer, it found just one. Loaded that one and it works like a charm!! Thanks again!!

I'm seem to recall that shortly after Cache Register was released there were a few people with problems that resolved them by installing all available windows updates. Worth checking into.

THANKS Pax42. That did the trick for me!! Strange, because I have Auto Updates selected for daily updates, but when I went to the Windows Update Website and scanned for the latest updates on my computer, it found just one. Loaded that one and it works like a charm!! Thanks again!!

Automatic Updates don't install all optional/add-on updates, it's more for the critical ones.

I have Auto Updates selected for daily updates, but when I went to the Windows Update Website and scanned for the latest updates on my computer, it found just one. Loaded that one and it works like a charm!! Thanks again!!

You said there was 1 update. Do you remember which one it was?

I have Auto Updates selected for daily updates, but when I went to the Windows Update Website and scanned for the latest updates on my computer, it found just one. Loaded that one and it works like a charm!! Thanks again!!

You said there was 1 update. Do you remember which one it was?

I didn't think to write it down. Sorry, I don't remember what it was.