Geocoin Custom Icons

Jedi Cacher

I need some help from the world of Geocoin experts. I have been wanting to have my very own personal Jedi geocoin made for about a year now and it soon could become a reality. I have several mock designs made and am now contemplating on a coin company and how many coins I should have made. I could go with the generic icon or pay to have the custom icon, but don't know if I want to spend the extra cash. My question to the coin world is how important is it to have a custom icon?

I'm not an icon person myself but from my own personal experience, you'll find most coiners want an icon. You'll lose sales if you don't get one.

Take that for what it's worth :P

tsun

Geez, I guess I don't fit into the "most coiners" category.

Am I the last one left who appreciates non-trackable coins?

:anibad:

Hello my friend and happy new year!!! :anibad:

Hmm... I do not know if I can answer your question and help you...

I have seen that many geocachers "collect" icons of geocoins! What I mean... They love to see the trackable page they have in their profile! they like seeing the icons of their coins, of the coins they moved or discovered...

Except that, some are buying coins and want to have icons!!! I think I had seen complains about coins that were bought and the site was saying that it will have an icon, but it had the generic one! The buyers were not so happy...

So an icon is probably a plus for your coin!!

Of course, this is up to you my friend! I am sure that others will post here and help you! :P

I'm not an icon person myself but from my own personal experience, you'll find most coiners want an icon. You'll lose sales if you don't get one.

Take that for what it's worth :D

tsun

:P

Nope!!! :anibad: I like non trackable coins too, a lot!!! Well... the majority of the mystery coins are non trackable too.... and everybody loves them.... am I correct??? :D

Happy new year my friend!!!! B)

tsun

Not at all, my personal coins are all nontrackable :D I love nontrackables but that wasn't the OP's question :D

tsun

Not at all, my personal coins are all nontrackable :D I love nontrackables but that wasn't the OP's question :D

Right!

Non-trackables are good for trading.

If you're looking to sell your coin, trackability and unique icon are important.

I've never sold one of my non-trackables.

ive only a couple of designs, but just from the 2 out thus far, when the icon was not loaded i got ALOT of emails about,, so i have to agree with t-sun here,,, if your looking to sell your coins,,, you want one,,, if your keeping your whole run for trades and caches ,, then its not as important

tsun

Just about.

tsun

Just about.

Ahhhhhhhh, I bet you work for TPTB.

If I were going to buy your personal coin, I would not buy it without a custom icon. If I was going to trade your for one, I would rather it was non trackable.

TMA

What he said. If I'm paying I would like the icon (even if I don't activate many of my coins anymore), If I'm trading I don't care.

Thanks for all of your input on the Custom Icon subject. There are some really cool icons out there that go hand in hand with the geocoins. It does make the coin more personal, even though it is mostly about the coin itself. I was just curious about this and I am in the process of putting a coin together. I was rather surprised at the cost of having a custom icon, and some companies require a minimum amount of coins made before you can acquire a custom icon.