windows 7 compatability ?

Currycooker

Hi can anyone help??

I have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 7 and cannot transfer cache information to my Garmin Oregan 300. I have downloaded the Garmin Plugin to my laptop and the GPS unit is being recognised. I have contacted Garmin Helpdesk and they have made some suggestions but none have been succesful. Are there any computer wizards out there that can help.

Many thanks from a very frustrated geocacher. :laughing::surprise:

Currycooker

Hi can anyone help??

I have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 7 and cannot transfer cache information to my Garmin Oregan 300. I have downloaded the Garmin Plugin to my laptop and the GPS unit is being recognised. I have contacted Garmin Helpdesk and they have made some suggestions but none have been succesful. Are there any computer wizards out there that can help.

Many thanks from a very frustrated geocacher. :laughing::surprise:

Currycooker

Have you updated the USB drivers for your Garmin?

I have an Oregon 400t and never had any problem with the unit transferring files after loading Windows 7 on my netbook.

I have my interface set to 'spanner' mode - although that's primarily because I use a non-Garmin car charger. Shouldn't make a difference in your situation.

I would recommend checking the drivers and verifying that the unit is properly recognized. I'm assuming you can access the device as a Mass Storage device and see the contents of the unit?

I also have an Oregon 300 and Windows 7, no problems whatsoever. I don’t use the Garmin plug-in though, but copy my GPX files straight to the GPX folder on the 300. Zero issues.

Yup this is the better way to do it - ignore the "send to GPS" button and use the GPX file button - just save the GPX file onto the unit in the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder while in mass storage mode - unhook and go caching.