Garmin Oregon and HTML

CZ Birdie

If you use GSAK to upload your pocket querys to your Oregon, GSAK will strip those nasty html-Tags

I read somewhere (probably in these forums) that the problem with the HTML tags only appears when you use the "Send to GPS" function on the cache page. I have a 550t and use GSAK to load the unit, and everything displays properly. I'm fairly sure that if you load a pocket query directly into the unit (without using GSAK) you also won't see the HTML tags displayed.

--Larry

If you use GSAK to upload your pocket querys to your Oregon, GSAK will strip those nasty html-Tags

I read somewhere (probably in these forums) that the problem with the HTML tags only appears when you use the "Send to GPS" function on the cache page. I have a 550t and use GSAK to load the unit, and everything displays properly. I'm fairly sure that if you load a pocket query directly into the unit (without using GSAK) you also won't see the HTML tags displayed.

--Larry

Correct - load in a GPX file or a PQ and the HTML is handled - load it via the "send" button and you see the problem.

Can't believe it's that easy! Thank you all!

I'll try it right away:)

Well, yes... easy BUT... there is a reason why we might need to use the SEND method, no? Like, a fast cache we wanna search... so, no, it's not easy. It is still a problem. It lasts for half a year and nobody cares to fix it.

Well, yes... easy BUT... there is a reason why we might need to use the SEND method, no? Like, a fast cache we wanna search... so, no, it's not easy. It is still a problem. It lasts for half a year and nobody cares to fix it.

i never saw a need for the 'send to' feature. just click the 'gpx file' button and save it to the unit's storage. does the same thing.

of course i agree that it should still be fixed. just saying.

Edited by dfx

Can't believe it's that easy! Thank you all!

I'll try it right away:)

Use the GPX button and save it on the unit - nothing to be fixed......

I recently purchased the Oregon 400t because of its paperless capabilities. When I download caches to my GPS I have noticed that where there was a picture or pictures on the cache page it now shows up as the HTML code of the pictures and colors. Is there a way to delete all the HTML stuff and only have the cache description?

This happens on the GC site when I click "Send to GPS". But when I load from GSAK its gone but another problem occurs. None of the text in the description is in the description text.