Garmin Colorado 300

Swampbilly

I bought a Colorado 300 today, and started playing with the map software. I had a Missouri Topo from GPSfiledepot in Mapsource, so I decided to install it and see how it looked. I looked through it, and tried to go back to the default map from the Colorado. It was gone. I have gone into the map menu and tried to select the map but no dice. I went into the folder through my computer, and deleted the MO topo to see if it would come back up. Still nothing. Any suggestions would be great. It's gonna be a little while before I can spend the money on City Navigator, and the base map was pretty good.

On the map page, press the left button. Scroll d to the last item "setup map" (or something to that effect). There should be a listing for "base map" or something that effect.... Make sure it has a checkmark beside it.

If there is no listing, you somehow deleted the basemap and need to get another copy.

You can get free routable road maps here: http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php