Is this an Oregon 200 issue or a GSAK issue?

I just realizes yesterday that a cache that was loaded from GSAK into my Oregon almost a year ago, did not automatically update new coordinates put on the cache by the CO. Does anyone know what I need to do to ensure that the latest coordinates are being loaded properly?

If this is the wrong place to ask, I'll try the GSAK forums, no problem. I just wasn't sure where the error was....I am probably just doing something wrong and one of you smart people will be able to help.

Thanks in advance. :)

Did you delete the old GPX file with the old coordinates?

I didn't even know the coordinates had changed until after a DNF and I double checked on the cache page. The coords had been changed many months ago by the CO due to a muggle incident, but they loaded initially into my Oregon in December of 2008 (I got my Oregon for x-mas). I'm not sure why when I ran my PQs they didn't automatically update. Maybe they don't - certainly the cache logs don't either because when I was searching I read through them looking for clues and they were also from 12/08.

You probably have an old version of the GPS software.

I know my Colorado used to do the same thing, until after I reported the problem to Garmin. Prior to that update (don't know when they fixed it) I used to have to delete the geocache from my GPS by removing the GPX file...then when I created a new GPX it would load the corrected coordinates. Seems like once a cache was loaded into the GPS internal memory it wouldn't update the coordinates, even if you updated the GPX file. After I reported the problem, they must have fixed it because I re-tested it a couple of months ago and everything is fine now.

You probably have an old version of the GPS software.

I know my Colorado used to do the same thing, until after I reported the problem to Garmin. Prior to that update (don't know when they fixed it) I used to have to delete the geocache from my GPS by removing the GPX file...then when I created a new GPX it would load the corrected coordinates. Seems like once a cache was loaded into the GPS internal memory it wouldn't update the coordinates, even if you updated the GPX file. After I reported the problem, they must have fixed it because I re-tested it a couple of months ago and everything is fine now.

Hmm...that could be it. Guess I'll be emailing the folks at Garmin.

Thanks for the info. :)