PQ on my Colorado shows all caches as traditionals

Tizzie

Help please! A couple of days ago I changed my usual PQ to include the query name in the file. I ran the query, loaded it, and set off this morning. When I looked at my GPSr all the caches were showing as traditionals, which was very frustrating as I couldn't easily spot the earthcaches!

I have now switched the name option off, and rerun the query. I get the same thing.

I have run another PQ without changing it in any way, and that one is fine, I can see all the different icon types on the GPSr.

Has the "renaming" of the file corrupted the PQ for ever? Do I need to recreate it from scratch?

Its any type of caches. Its the same one I run regularly. The earthcaches were in the results, as were the multis, etc. But they all show up as traditionals. The only difference is that I switched on the new option that has appeared in the last few days.

I have an Oregon, so I copy tham straight to the GPSr, no other programs used.

My question is whether the new option has corrupted the query. I've been running the same query for 4 years with no problems until now.

Edited by Tizzie
After some messing about with PQs this evening I have discovered that it is only earthcaches which have the wrong icon. Very strange!

I am not sure when this first appeared but earthcaches have appeared with the traditional icon for sometime :signalviolin: all the others seem ok.

A-ha - that may be the answer. There aren't too many earthcaches around so I probably wouldn't have noticed before today, but I was specifically aiming for some and couldn't find them. In fact I condsidered going for yours this afternoon but I couldn't spot that one on the map either!

A-ha - that may be the answer. There aren't too many earthcaches around so I probably wouldn't have noticed before today, but I was specifically aiming for some and couldn't find them. In fact I condsidered going for yours this afternoon but I couldn't spot that one on the map either!

It is still there. I will email Garmin with the issue I forgot that one when I last emailed the beta team.

The Colorado does not support the Earthcache icon...they show as traditional caches. :laughing:

Major error on Garmin's part...how they missed it is beyond my understanding. With all the software updates they have released, you would think by now they would have fixed it, right? :signalviolin:

I'm sure the icons were there the last time I did an earthcache. I'm pretty sure I haven't upgraded the GPSr software since then. But what I have done over the last month is start to download some caches direct from the site to my GPSr. Perhps the setup it runs first has actually downgraded the software?

Oops, I just realised that in the topic name I said Colorado, its an Oregon!!!!!