PDA Help Please

Swampbilly

Hey There

I have been looking through the forums for info related to handhelds, and I'm not having any luck. I tried going to geocaching-u.com, but it's not loading. I am trying to go paperless, I have the 60CSx and I know how to use GSAK to get the basic information on it. Sometimes you need the cache description, and hint to get the job done. I understand that I do not have a true paperless unit, and have decided to purchase a PDA. My biggest problem is that I don't know squat about handheld PDA's. LOL Other than you hold them in your hand. I would just like a few different makes and models that are geocaching and PQ friendly. I will gladly use cachemate or another program if I have to. Once I know what models work I will make the purchase and start the process of learning a new piece of equipment. I just don't to run out and buy something that has never heard of geocaching and neither has any of it's software. If there is a forum post or thread that you know about I will gladly go there also and keep reading.

Thanks

I love my Dell Axim X30. Dell doesn't make them anymore but you can find the X30 or other models reasonably priced on Ebay, etc. Install GPXsonar to view cache pages, log finds and transfer the logs to GSAK. Spiffy...

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of help and information I have been looking for.

I also use a Dell Axim which I purchased on Ebay for around $100.00. I use cachemate with mine and it works great.

Brian

Hey There

I have been looking through the forums for info related to handhelds, and I'm not having any luck. I tried going to geocaching-u.com, but it's not loading. I am trying to go paperless, I have the 60CSx and I know how to use GSAK to get the basic information on it. Sometimes you need the cache description, and hint to get the job done. I understand that I do not have a true paperless unit, and have decided to purchase a PDA. My biggest problem is that I don't know squat about handheld PDA's. LOL Other than you hold them in your hand. I would just like a few different makes and models that are geocaching and PQ friendly. I will gladly use cachemate or another program if I have to. Once I know what models work I will make the purchase and start the process of learning a new piece of equipment. I just don't to run out and buy something that has never heard of geocaching and neither has any of it's software. If there is a forum post or thread that you know about I will gladly go there also and keep reading.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this, I had the same question. Any suggestions for a PDA and MacCaching since I have a Mac computer?

Thanks in advance.

Hey There

Thanks