Young Geocachers

Whew, I thought I was alone!

14 yr old geocacher here. I was planning on going to an event with my parents being transportation (obviously at this age) and I was just kinda freaking out a bit over the age gap which is apparent on this site.

I go caching with my teen friends a lot, we just bike since we live near a big city so it's great fun, really. Plus, with the kind and caring community we have here, I don't think any young cachers like me need to be treated any differently, I guess unless they're younger than 11 or so....

I'm not a teenager, but I sympathise with many of the younger geocachers in this thread. In my late twenties, I'm one of the youngest in my local community. Seems as if it's more of a middle aged-older crowd in my local community. None that I can think of under 30, at least. No complaints on my end, though....I have met some pretty solid geocachers around here who ended up becoming good friends.

If geocaching was around when I was a teenager I'm sure I would have done it. Mostly alone I suppose as my parents think it's silly. :P I'm always a bit shocked to read that teenagers are not allowed to go into the 'wilderness' alone or do something alone in general until they have a car. I cycled alone to the local swimming pool some 6km away when I was 10 or to the local frozen lake for ice skating.